[kde-edu]: Re: git conversion

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 08:57:28 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 22:17, Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting at kde.org> wrote:
> Niko,
>
> How would one build the sources checked out from the above repositories?
> Kanagram for example fails to configure because it's CMakeLists.txt don't
> have anything about KDE4 so kde4_add_app_icon is not defined.  Is there
> going to be some temporary CMakeList.txt we can place in a global kdeedu
> folder until we can fix our CMakeList.txt files to build independently?

If the project is not yet standalone buildable, the CMakeLists.txt inside the
project has to be modified, eg find_package(KDE4 REQUIRED) has to be added.
For some projects this is already the case (eg. marble)

That also means with split repositories you can *not* go back in history and
build an old version.
Thats an downside of split.
However:
- how often did you need this in the past (given that svn has no bisect)?
- the svn repository is still available (and will stay afaik)

Niko