[kde-edu]: Re: git conversion

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Dec 21 10:05:05 CET 2010

A Dimarts, 21 de desembre de 2010, Carsten Niehaus va escriure:
> On 12/20/2010 08:44 PM, Etienne Rebetez wrote:
> > Am Montag 20 Dezember 2010, 18:59:44 schrieb Niko Sams:
> >> Kde is moving towards git, and so is kdeedu. This crucial part about
> >> that are conversion
> >> rules. I wrote those rules for kdemodules including kdeedu you might
> >> want to use.
> >
> > Thanks;)
> >
> >> But first you have to decide about the repository layout; should it be
> >> split or one big repository?
> >> This has to be decided by the module developers.
> >
> > IMO Kalzium can be split. But it depens on libscience.
> >
> >> I see one issue with split: libkdeedu. You have to make a "real"
> >> library out of it that lives
> >> in it's own repository.
> >> Other than that split seems to be suitable as most/all(?) applications
> >> are independent.
> >
> > Kalzium needs the libscience who is inside libkdeedu. Afaik no other
> > project needs it, so maybe we can move libscience inside kalzium?
>
> Why not, makes sense.

The question you need to ask yourselves is:
 * Would anyone not being kalzium ever want to use libscience?
   * If yes, imagine that anyone as a total KDE foreigned, how could he know
that in a kdeedu were everything is split libscience will be inside the
kalzium repository?
   * If not, why does it exist as a library?

Albert