[kde-edu]: inclusion of MathematiK in kdeedu

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Wed Sep 2 11:04:23 CEST 2009

Hi Alex,

very promising, thanks!
Also have a look on MathGUIde
http://www.math.uni-siegen.de/ring/mathGUIde/index.html

The Linux Version is under GPL. It's very close to Derive, I think.

Am Freitag 21 August 2009 schrieb Alexander Rieder:
> For the last months I've been coding on an application in Playground
> called MathematiK(but I'm open for better name suggestions).

As for the name, famous mathematicians with a K could be of interest
(preferably female?) - Kolmogoroff, Kowalewskaja, Kepler, ...

An early precedor of Leibniz was
http://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/Εύδοξος_ο_Κνίδιος (-> Knidios?)

Or just call it after Alexander, James Waddell (19.9.1888 - 23.9.1971)

Be creative ;)
Regards
Ralf