[kde-edu]: Strange request for information...

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Sat Oct 24 10:52:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

Am Samstag 24 Oktober 2009 10:08:21 schrieb Jason Winters:
> > Also I wonder what utility you are thinking of. Because once you
> > adjusted the dgml file and have the source file for your panorama
> > photo in place the "map" gets tiled automatically once you select it.
> For example, say I have a forest scene, and instead of starting all the
> way out (looking at the
> entire forest), it starts all the way in, say, looking at one tree.
>  Then, the 'zoom' option controls successive images; i.e., it's summer,
> but zooming in will
> gradually take you into winter, on the same tree..  Thus instead of
> zooming resolution, I'm
> zooming time...

Well, in order to accomplish this you won't be able to "abuse" the zoom
feature without actually zooming at the same time.
However we'd like to have a "time travel" mode in Marble with a time travel
slider and such.
It's on our TODO and we'll work on having that feature (possibly for Marble
0.10.0).

For now the only workaround is this: Create different dgmls for different points
of time and then switch between them. That's the only viable workaround I can
see at the moment.
This workaround is also being used here:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/PalaeoMaps

Don't hesitate to post screenshots if you're successful with your panorama
pictures :-)

Regards,
Torsten