[kde-edu]: Uploading vocabulary files for Parley

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Sat Oct 3 09:12:26 CEST 2009

Hi all :)
As you might have noticed, we have started using kde-files.org to manage the
vocabulary files for Parley.
http://kde-files.org/index.php?xcontentmode=687

I held back announcing this until we had tested with a file, but now that
Sabine is pushing files there and everything seems to work just fine, I'd like
to encourage everyone to put their vocabulary files there too.

The main advantage is that you don't have to wait for me to finally upload the
file and you can update the file any time you like.
I hope we can gather some great high quality material this way.

How to upload the files? Just visit kde-files.org and select "Add Document". You
get to fill in some details and that's it.
Let me know if you have any trouble going through the process.

Before uploading, please save a copy of your document and use the "Edit-
>Remove Grades" option to clean up ;)
For documents with images or sound I suggest having the sound and image files
in a sub folder next to the document and zipping it all up. ( .tar.bz2 and
.tar.gz work as extensions for sure, I'm almost sure that .zip also works ).
Make sure that the images actually work. The structure could be like this:

/home/frederik/vocabulary/myfile.kvtml
/home/frederik/vocabulary/myfile_sound/hello.ogg
/home/frederik/vocabulary/myfile_sound/test.ogg
/home/frederik/vocabulary/myfile_sound/something.ogg
/home/frederik/vocabulary/myfile_images/butterfly.png

Cheers,
Frederik

PS: If you feel like helping me a bit, how about writing this up for the
website. Let me know if you'd like help to get started.
PPS: I'm looking forward to all those great files!