[kde-edu]: regarding STEP for education

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun Nov 22 15:37:39 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 6:53 AM, Nagarjun G. <nagarjun at gnowledge.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Greetings from India!  First of all congratulations for making Step.
>
> We at gnowledge.org lab in India promote the use of free software for
> science and mathematics education.  Step came to my attention recently
> and we started exploring its potential for using it in Indian schools
> and colleges.
>
> I would like to know if any schools or colleges already using, or if any
> tutorials already available for this nice application.
>
> Do you have a separate mailing list where Step related issues are
> discussed?
>
> We can contribute to creating documentation and creating lesson plans,
> video tutorials etc using step.
>
> Let me know if any others are working on this.
>
> Nagarjuna

Anyway, even if there's some step developers needed, that doesn't mean you
cannot share your work on step.

Vladimir would be better at knowing if there's anybody else using step, at
least than me, but maybe this would be a good idea to create some kind of
infrastructure to connect users and developers and between users themselves,
mainly in the sense that you say you (at gnowledge.org) care about free
software in education.

That could be extended to other applications as well, of course if you're
interested.

Other than that, maybe blogging about step maybe would help you finding step
users more than here.

Cheers!
Aleix