[kde-edu]: 2009 introspective

Wouter Haffmans cheetah at simply-life.net
Thu May 14 22:46:47 CEST 2009

On Monday 04 May 2009 21:59:09 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> Hi...
>
> <snip>
>
> * What have been the defining achievements in the last year?

Get KidDraw in the KDE svn, otherwise I haven't been able to do very much (see
below).

> * What are the main focus points and or goals for the project in 2009?

Hopefully be able to wrap up a first decent version within the 4.4 timeframe...
though I expect it'll be 4.5.

> * What are the major pain points in your project right now?

Lack of time. With all the things going on in my life at the moment (family,
university, work, hobby websites...) I hardly have time to spend on KDE. I
follow the planet, keep myself up-to-date a bit and even managed to do some
work a few weeks ago, but unfortunately that's also pretty much it.

Unfortunately KDE currently can't be my top priority, though I hope to be able
to pick it up next year. For now though, I'm pretty disconnected from the KDE
community, and I'm afraid that will be the case for another while.

> * Outside of the core libs (kdecore, kdeui, kio, kfile) what are the most
> critical pieces of KDE technologies that your project is relying on?

QtXml (QDOM), QGraphicsView, QSvg, mainly, but that's not really KDE. KidDraw
used to be Qt-only anyway, until last year. I do have plans to enable KidDraw
for the Plasma desktop though (draw your own wallpaper! :D), but that's long-
term.

Good luck putting everything together, I'm looking forward to the results!

--
Wouter Haffmans