[kde-edu]: article about open source education software

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Tue Jul 28 22:11:18 CEST 2009

Heya :)

Today a link to a very long and detailed article about open source
education software was floating around on IRC. Unfortunately it did
not include a single KDE-Edu program :(
So I contacted the editor and author to find out why this happened and
what we could do to improve in the future. I got a very quick and
friendly reply. Turns out KDE-Edu apps simply didn't pop up during
their research (as probably a few 100 other really good programs).
They will add a few of our high-profile apps very soon.
The more important thing though is where the author checked and
apparently didn't find KDE-Edu apps: SourceForge, SchoolForge,
EduForge and a Google search for "open source education software".
For the last part we probably need someone cleaning up the meta tags
of edu.kde.org. For the others it needs someone to register a few of
our apps. Anyone up for that? I am willing to help review stuff and so
on but I don't have the time to do it myself.

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher