[kde-edu]: Added support for MGRS

Gleisner Carl carl.gleisner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:46:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

as part of our project (MilOS) I've added support for MGRS notation of
coordinates in Marble. MGRS is the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_grid_reference_system
">Military Grid Reference System (Wikipedia)</a>.

You can download my MGRS-lib which is based on the National Geospatial-
Intelligence Agency's <a href="http://earth-info.nga.mil/GandG/
geotrans/"> GEOTRANS</a>. It compiles on FreeBSD 7.2 with GNU Make
(working on portability). The makefile is probably sloppy but life is
just one big tutorial right?

The library lives here <a href="http://carl-johansson.com/milos/libmgrs.tar.gz
">libmgrs.tar.gz</a>

And the patch lives here <a href="http://carl-johansson.com/milos/mgrs.patch
">mgrs.patch</a>

What I'm currently working on (pointers/help appreciated):
  - Choosing MGRS notation form the settings panel
  - Regex 5 for the fromString-function

Though somebody probably knows how to to this properly.

This is all good for our project _but_ also gives the added advantage
of UTM notation (something that Google Earth has but Marble doesn't).

I hope you like it!
Carl Gleisner