[kde-edu]: KDE-Edu on any OS: E.g. KEduca

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Jan 28 20:28:34 CET 2009

RalfGesellensetter schrieb:
> Dear list,
>
> during the Trolltech dinner at Berlin Linuxtag, I was pointed to
> windows.kde.org. Despite the lack of Windows systems on my personal
> hardware, porting KDE[-Edu] to further OSes facilitates its spread -
> especially in educational environments (vulgo: schools).
>
> Recently I had the joy to install KDE on a windows system, and to
> replace Explorer by Konqueror. Well done!
>
> Now, I was looking for some reference pages (preferably in German)
> for single educational applications - like say: KEduca. I thought of
> some page at kde.org pointing to download sources for ANY OS.
>
> Google took me to:
>
> 	http://www.tucows.com/preview/165127
>
> which mentions stone-old version 0.4 and points to non-existing:
>
> 	http://keduca.sourceforge.net/
>
> This makes me wonder:
> Shouldn't we let Tucows & Co. know of KDE-Apps for Windows?
> Is there a missing link in order to get more users?
>
> What do you think? Which pages do you recommend?
KEduca is not really working (it is not part of kdeedu too).
That's why you will not find many links to the windows version.

The point in general is that we are restricted to KDE 4 released
software, which doesn't work for quite a lot of well-known programs
(some are unmaintained, some simply do need longer).

regards,
Patrick

web:                 http://windows.kde.org