[kde-edu]: OO syntax code in SVN

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Wed Jan 28 13:42:06 CET 2009

Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> I'm not a big fan of kross myself, since I couldn't make it work
> because of QLists and dinamic propertyes, but I think if there's a
> setshape(const QString& s) method that's exposed to kross backed, it
> should work without hassle.
> is KTurtle multi-language approach implemented as Kross?

Hi, Tomaz. No, KTurtle has its own parser. It does not use scripting or
Kross. What we do offer is automatic translation of the names of the
commands in the scripts, and this is also managed internally.
What could be a good path for rewriting the parser is QLALR. I have
never used it, but the article seems very interesting, and it is
apparently used internally in Qt to parse QtScript and the QXMLStream:

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/category/labs/compilers/qlalr/

But at the same time, I am not sure it would be possible to keep the
automatic translation we have now using anything other than our built-in
parser and interpreter.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini