[kde-edu]: parley file format, image to image

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Wed Dec 30 15:51:15 CET 2009

Hi,

On Monday 28 December 2009 15:30:52 Martin VanWinkle wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I've been messing around with flashcards in LaTeX, and I've written some
>  stuff.
>
> * A group of parsers / formatters that takes information in tab
> delimited form and makes flashcard LaTeX documents out of stuff.
>
> * A thing that takes a PDF of flashcards and chops them up into PNG
> images.  Around 500 cards ends up being ~4 mb, but I need to increase
> the density that I sample the PDF with so that may go to like ~6 mb.
>
> I was browsing the Parley website and I was unable to find information
> on how to do a simple front/back image thing.
> I realize that people can't enter an image as an "answer" but they
> probably could just hit a button to reveal the answer and press
> another to denote they know it or don't know it.

Right now, I doubt that the image is not changed when practicing (only the
front/back side image is shown).
About the file format, you can check the xml definitions at:
http://edu.kde.org/kvtml/kvtml2.dtd
http://edu.kde.org/kvtml/kvtml2.xsd
(though I bet there are errors/incomplete sections)

And simply create a document in parley and have a look at the resulting file.

Let me know if you need further help.

> I read the portion about needing some xsl person to create a new xsl
> thing.  My xsl is really weak.  I guess I should read up on it.

The xsl that would be great to have is more for exporting from our xml that is
used in kvtml to other formats (for example to generate printable flashcards
that work better than the current ones).

Greetings,
Frederik