[kde-edu]: OSCOS program

OSCOS Oxalya oscos at oxalya.com
Wed Dec 23 16:34:26 CET 2009

Good Afternoon,

 We are writing to you regarding a program called OSCOS.

This program, which originated from a broader 'ANR' (French National
Research Agency) project terminated in 2008, aims at promoting and
strengthening the scientific computing community.

 In this context, a study was first conducted in 2007, and later up-dated
and extended to 236 studied applications in 2009. We would like to state
that the assessment of these applications was exclusively based on
NON-technical criteria.

 A directory (*http://directory.oscos.org* <http://directory.oscos.org/>)
displaying all the applications and their assessments along with the project
website are currently being redeveloped. However, the information is still
accessible.

 If you wish, you can consult the results obtained by Kalzium on the
directory (*http://directory.oscos.org/sheets/kalzium-assessment*).

You can find the methodology on which were based the assessments attached to
this email. You can also be provided with an analysis of the global results
from this study on simple demand.

 All feedback is welcome,

Best regards,

 The OSCOS team