[kde-edu]: Draw math functions: improving features (about KmPlot and KAlgebra)

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Dec 17 00:05:49 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:56 PM, Percy Camilo Triveño Aucahuasi <
percy.camilo.ta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Aleix,
>
> >As the KAlgebra maintainer, I would like to see a deeper explanation
> >on how KAlgebra would fit in that project,
> Actually, the library would be part of KAlgebra.
>

> >what will the library do?
> The library would be used to plot many kinds of functions ...
>

> >What will be the library be built upon? I'd suggest libanalitza.
> libanalitza would be a dependency, of course ... ;)
>
> good :)

> >That way we could integrate it into KAlgebra. Maybe we could build kmplot
> on
> >it at some point
> I think the best way is to build the library on a branch of KAlgebra ...
> playground?¿
>
> or /branches? :P

> >(or just drop kmplot, which is something that I'm not sure we want).
> My idea is to avoid doing the same work twice. For example, if KmPlot has a
> feature to draw parametric curves, then this feature don't have to be
> rewritten by KAlgebra developers.

Well, since we both have different parsers (we support different languages),
we can't merge the code itself just like that. Actually I think this library
should be a compendium of plotting algorithms which should get the
expression and environment values and output lists of polilines.
I can help you creating the abstractions for that (you could use some I
already have in KAlgebra for functions and extend it).

>Well anyway, there's a lot to talk about. You know where to reach me. :)
> ok ... sending the ping request ... :P
>
> Cheers,
> Percy
>
> :)!