[kde-edu]: inclusion of MathematiK in kdeedu

Alexander Rieder alexanderrieder at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 01:36:21 CEST 2009

On Saturday 22 August 2009 22:07:38 Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> Alexander,
>
> I'm not a KDE programmer yet (nor do I really know how to use these types
>  of math programs) but I think I found a few minor issues:
>
> I like how when I compile kdegames, it tells me which packages are required
> and which are optional. I don't think that's been implemented in Mathematik
> yet. (For Ubuntu, I had to install r-base-dev and libspectre-dev)
>
> It appears that though the backends are supposed to be optional, not only
>  is R required to start building but I think sage and maxima also end up
>  being required. Here's my log: http://pastebin.ca/1539337

Sage and Maxima are only required at runtime. if the needed executables aren't
found, the backends don't show up. For R I thought it was optional, but my
CMake skills are limited. I'll have a look at it. LibSpectre is a hard
requirement, as it is used throughout the app to render eps files, either
generated by LaTeX, or as the result of plots.

Alexander