[kde-edu]: inclusion of MathematiK in kdeedu

Jeremy Bicha jeremy at bicha.net
Sat Aug 22 22:07:38 CEST 2009

Alexander,

I'm not a KDE programmer yet (nor do I really know how to use these types of
math programs) but I think I found a few minor issues:

I like how when I compile kdegames, it tells me which packages are required
and which are optional. I don't think that's been implemented in Mathematik
yet. (For Ubuntu, I had to install r-base-dev and libspectre-dev)

It appears that though the backends are supposed to be optional, not only is
R required to start building but I think sage and maxima also end up being
required. Here's my log: http://pastebin.ca/1539337

Thanks and keep up the good work,
Jeremy Bicha

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 2:45 AM, Alexander Rieder <alexanderrieder at gmail.com