[kde-edu]: FlashQard

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Sat Sep 27 19:55:44 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag 25 September 2008 schrieb shahab shirazi:
> BTW, FlashQard is also using an xml based format. (and Base64 format
> to save pictures inside the xml file)

Hi, nice one. I thought there was an app called "Kflashcard" - but I
must be wrong - maybe I mean kdeduca?

apt-cache search flashcard
revealed "anki":

> Japanese Anki is a program designed to help you remember facts (such
> as words and phrases in a foreign language) as easily, quickly and
> efficiently as possible. To do this, it tracks how well you remember
> each fact, and uses that information to optimally schedule review
> times. .
>  While Anki can be used for studying anything, it also ships with
> special features designed to make studying Japanese and English
> easier: integrated dictionary lookups, missing kanji reports, and
> more. .
>  Besides text, it supports sounds, images and rendering TeX snippets
> in the cards.  Sample card decks are included for a subset of the
> Japanese Language Proficiency Test vocabulary and for some Russian
> vocabulary. Homepage: http://ichi2.net/anki

Now: Merge? Or rename to flashKard?
Good luck, anyway - and in case anybody is looking about a console/bash
vocabulary trainer: try "voc" then ;)

Regards
Ralf