[kde-edu]: Contribution: Kanji-English (was Kanji-kvtml for Parley, multiple answers)

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at gmx.de
Wed May 28 23:49:41 CEST 2008

Hi Joe,
that's interesting, I asked around a few times to get good default choices for
licenses but never got any advice what would be really favorable for any
reason.
As far as I know it also depends on local law if this type of "collection"
specifically vocabulary translations are subject to any copyright.
In Europe they are if the creator spent time to arrange them in some
didactically or otherwise meaningful way.
If you have further background info, I'd be interested to hear more.
I consider this so basic knowledge - language basics - that copyright in this
case is a bad joke in my opinion, but we have to be careful and protect our
users and us of course.

Regards,
Frederik