[kde-edu]: Parley and other stuff from KDE four live (Feedback)

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at gmx.de
Tue Mar 11 21:26:39 CET 2008

Hi Ralf,

it would be very helpful to know the real version numbers. I have no clue what
the suse live cds contain. Please look under "Help->About Parley" and let me
know the kde and parley version.

El Tuesday 11 March 2008, RalfGesellensetter escribió:
> Dear list,
>
> I just tried out a recent version of KDE Four Live CD.
> OpenSuse based, the system bootet smoothley and soon
> I could see KDE4.0 on my desktop for the very first time.
> Great stuff.
:)

> Right away I started testing Parley. To make it short:
> I could not get into practice mode despite 15 minutes of hard trying:
> I downloaded lections (but couldn't find where they were stored), I
> opened the 2 included lections, browsed the word list, opened practise
> setup - but in the end, practise showed me a "20" in any line - and
> below a result of 0 words. As "blocking" was also 20, I checked again
> if blocking was enabeled (it wasn't). Maybe there is some further
> assistance needed - or even a change of presets.

You have a good point with the get hot new stuff which might be broken again.
I got one confirmation :(
The documents should be saved in ~/.kde(4)/share/apps/kvtml.
Parley *should* automatically open them. Seems to not work :(

As to starting a practice I cannot really follow you. If it was the 4.1
version, I could imagine what it could be.

Greetings,
Frederik

--
Parley - The Vocabulary Trainer