[kde-edu]: [OT] Request for help - Psychology experiment

Andrea Mangiatordi (unimib) a.mangiatordi at campus.unimib.it
Tue Jul 1 00:26:26 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

I just subscribed to this ML following a suggestion by an already
subscribed friend, Flavio Castelli. I apologize for immediately asking
for support...

I am an Italian PhD student and I am working with a researcher in the
Education Faculty at the University of Milan-Bicocca. We want to repeat
a Psychological experiment about the (positive) consequences that video
games can have on spatial abilities of children.

The original experiment was focused on Marble Madness [1] and a home
made program was used to measure the level of ability in predicting the
effects of a particular movement.

What we need is a replacement/clone for this no-more-existing
measurement program: it showed a ball, falling from the top of the
screen and describing a parabola. The ball stopped in mid-air and the
children had to say where it would fall. Then the ball restarted falling
and the difference between the prediction and the exact point was
calculated.

If anyone could help us in this project, it would be really appreciated.
  Please contact me with a private mail if interested, I can give you
all the details.

Many thanks in advance,

Andrea

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marble_Madness