[kde-edu]: GSoC 2008

Vladimir ks.vladimir at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 20:04:59 CET 2008

Hello Carsten !

On Tuesday 26 February 2008 19:56:13 Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 26. Februar 2008 17:14:02 schrieb Vladimir:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm thinking about adding Step-related ideas to
> > http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/Summer_of_Code/2008/Idea
> >
> > This can help to find one more developer for Step in order to increase
> > the bus factor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor).
> >
> > Draft list of ideas:
> > - 3d mode for Step
> > - "Incredible Machine" game (could be implemented sand-alone or by adding
> > something like locked "viewer/tutorial/game" mode for Step)
>
> I just bought "Crazy Machines" (a TIM clone) and it makes a lot of fun :-)
I've just looked at its screenshots - looks really fun ;-)

> > - simulation of chemical reactions based on StepCore
>
> I guess you know that I'd love to see that!
;-)
The only problem is that this project requires a student with stronger
physical or chemical background than averange programmer.

> <snip>
>
> > What do you think about it ?
>
> I think you should really add those ideas to the wiki. I will edit them
> there once they moved to it, ok?
Yes, I've added them.

> I in fact also do have some ideas for Step :-)
I'll be happy if you add them too !

> By the way, when will you move Step into kdeedu? Any timeframe?
I hope to finish it before feature-freeze of 4.1, so somewhere in the middle
of the March is should be in kdereview.

--
      Best Regards,
        Vladimir