[kde-edu]: GSoC 2008

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Tue Feb 26 17:56:13 CET 2008

Am Dienstag, 26. Februar 2008 17:14:02 schrieb Vladimir:
> Hello,
>
> I'm thinking about adding Step-related ideas to
> http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/Summer_of_Code/2008/Ideas
>
> This can help to find one more developer for Step in order to increase the
> bus factor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor).
>
> Draft list of ideas:
> - 3d mode for Step
> - "Incredible Machine" game (could be implemented sand-alone or by adding
> something like locked "viewer/tutorial/game" mode for Step)

I just bought "Crazy Machines" (a TIM clone) and it makes a lot of fun :-)

> - simulation of chemical reactions based on StepCore

I guess you know that I'd love to see that!

<snip>

> What do you think about it ?

I think you should really add those ideas to the wiki. I will edit them there
once they moved to it, ok? I in fact also do have some ideas for Step :-)

By the way, when will you move Step into kdeedu? Any timeframe?

Carsten