[kde-edu]: [Step] Suggestions

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Fri Feb 22 20:17:14 CET 2008

Am Donnerstag 21 Februar 2008 schrieben Sie:
> The idea about t=0 as "reset time" is good by we need to somehow
> educate the users about it. For the near future I'll probably
> implement something like Simulate/Pause/Stop buttons where Pause will
> do what Stop now does and Stop will do what Stop+Undo now does. I'll
> think more about resetting to zero and probably will implement it
> later.

Hi there, how about an EDIT mode that has to be entered before the user
can change the settings? If the simulation is paused, only dependent
objects (like particles) can be moved or added - which is reset hitting
the reset button. However, if the setting of the esperiment is to be
changed, the simulation needs to be stopped, only then the EDIT mode
can be entered.

Could this work out as solution?

about t=0: In some cases (only deterministic models I think) it might be
interesting to invert time axis and rewind time to t<0.

Regards & thanks for your dedication!
Ralf