[kde-edu]: Dylon: New developer in training (Dylon Edwards)

Dylon Edwards integr8e at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 20:52:52 CET 2008

Thanks for the welcome!  I didn't know about mathGUIde, I'll definitely
check into it; wxMaxima isn't really what I'm looking for.

I thought about the KOffice approach, in that they may be interested in
changing KFormula into more of a WYSIWYG, MathML-based CAS (since it would
allow for both the creation and solution of expressions), which would be
awesome for writing math papers; I couldn't decide, however, whether my
project would be a better compliment for an office or educational suite,
because it really complements both.  As you suggested, maybe they would be
interested in creating a Maxima flake, or improving their current one, that
could be used in both KFormula and my application, and would allow for a
symbiotic relationship between the two.  They could use it to generate
non-interactive formulas to insert in KOffice apps, and I could use it to
enhance the user experience of mine; we would both improve it to better our
projects.  Despite which direction I decide to go, I would like to create a
technology that could, and would, be used in any application ... maybe even
a mathematical API that would implement various backends, such as the
multimedia services Phonon provides.

Anyway, I have a lot to learn and think about before I can bring my
application to fruition, but I will definitely be working on it.  Would any
of you be interested in a WYSIWYG, MathML-based CAS (frontend)?

--
Dylon Edwards
SSWJ - Stay(ing) Strong With Jesus, Always!