[kde-edu]: We need more promotion

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Mon Dec 15 12:30:05 CET 2008

Heya :)

Thanks for bringing this up. It has been bugging me for weeks.
I only have 24h in a day as everyone else of you but the least I can
do is give you some advice. So feel free to poke me about this stuff.
At the marketing meeting last week in the KDE office we worked on the
feature guide (see Jos' email) and it was quite hard for us to write
about edu. Another thing we have been working on is discover.kde.org
(Redesign is nearly finished) which is a site aimed at people who
don't know KDE. One integral part of that page will be edu. Again we
had a hard time writing about it there. If someone feels like writing
about edu there please get in touch with me. I can polish the text and
add it. But I definitely need help with what to write about.
Besides those two _really_ important things another thing you could do
is a blogathon. Everyone writes 1 or 2 blogentries about the coolest
features in his part of edu. Spread that over 2 weeks or so. You'll
get a lot more exposure and KDE people will know what to talk about
when people ask them what is cool about edu. At trade shows this can
be _very_ helpful. Same when "selling" KDE among friends. I have the
feeling there are quite some hidden goodies :)

Hope that helps a little.

Cheers
Lydia

--