[kde-edu]: We need more promotion

Bhikkhu Mettavihari mettavihari at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 02:30:08 CET 2008

Hi

One way of getting more promotion would be to see that all the programs run
on the OLPC
Here in Sri Lanka we are setting up a pilot project for 10 schools where we
give one OLPC to each child.
The next project would be very large and give a lot of promotion to your Edu
tools

with metta
Mettavihari

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> Today Aleix and me gave a talk in front of not much people (around 10), all
> of
> them were linux knowledgeable people but most did not know KDE-edu existed.
> There were one or two people with real teaching experience that gave some
> suggestions, i think this kind of people is very valuable because it gives
> real world feedback into our applications.
>
> In general i think they were quite happy with the applications so good job
> with that :-) and bad job with the promotion side :-(
>
> Albert

The Linux Center
Nugegoda Junction
138/1, S.De.S.Jayasinghe Mawatha