[kde-edu]: KVocTrain-Parlez

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Fri Sep 21 20:59:52 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch 19 September 2007 23:15 schrieb Dan Nelson:
> To give you an idea, I am currently using Before You Know It to
> quickly learn a word, and jMemorize to maintain it.  KVocTrain/Parley
> appear to have the capability of including the best of both products.
>  Is this possible?

Please allow me a quick side mark:

Today some distributor of a "free" vocabulary software called our school
to make contact with the English department (named: phase six / dot
de). It turned out that the software running Win and MacOS costs "12
Euro only" for pupils and comes barely (no vocabulary - copyright
reasons I guess). The interesting thing about it: Supposedly ther is
a "community of mothers and students" who feed the engine with vocs.
Those should be addressable to deliver work for a truly free project,
shouldn't they? And maybe we can learn how to honour people's work: by
placing their faces on a web page (huh?).

Now, I just found out that there is an international portal as well: Try
http://ww w.p hase-6.c om/opencms/Homepage/ (delete spaces).

Regards
Ralf