[kde-edu]: Q: Optimal framework for vocabulary+sound

Markus Büchele Markus.Buechele at web.de
Sat Sep 15 12:34:06 CEST 2007

Ralf,

I think that Parley is going to be an excellent programme in the near future -
much more usable than KVocTrain.

Nevertheless, if there parents want a Kanagram-like user interface, perhaps
JClic would be a better choice. It's a java based GPL-licensed learning
programme for children which was developed in Catalonia a is available for
Linux as well.

http://clic.xtec.net/en/index.htm

Screenshot (even one with a Linux System):
http://clic.xtec.net/en/jclic/screenshots.htm

Does anyone see a possibility of migrating it into kde-edu?

My children are using this programme and what they like is that it links
pictures and spoken words. That's perhaps just what these parents need?

Cheers,

Markus