[kde-edu]: Fwd: kdeedu project

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Sat Sep 8 17:58:44 CEST 2007

On Saturday 8 September 2007 13:37:51 Ilja wrote:
> So, I hope I'm sending this letter to right address.
Not sure about most of the parts, you seem to speak about KDE as a whole,
KDE-Edu in particular and even Linux in general.

As a general note, I would suggest you use an Educational distribution, there
are a few out there nowadays and they are good, quick to install and easy to
use and to update.

All global problems you encounter with KDE in general don't concern this list.

About the KDE-Edu website, we try our best to keep it up-to-date and
informative, obviously there are some pages that are not so good but all in
all I think it's pretty good.
We'll try to take your remarks in account and improve things. We badly need
someone to work on the website in fact so if you have a little time maybe you
can help!

We have a new maintainer for KVocTrain and we keep both programs because
KVocTrain was done a long time ago (started in 1999) and lots of users want
us to keep it. KWordQuiz was started at a time when KVocTrain code was a bit
complicated. We will keep them both for KDE 4 and we'll see the users
feedback about them.
Please report bugs for the one you use. If the bug is present in the 2
programs, just report for one and add in the text that it also exists for the
other.

Best regards,

Anne-Marie