[kde-edu]: announcement

Benoît Jacob jacob at math.jussieu.fr
Thu Oct 11 16:34:18 CEST 2007

On Thursday 11 October 2007 16:15:05 RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> When Carsten Niehaus presented KDE 4 to our last Skolelinux (aka Debian
> Edu) Meeting in Guetersloh (Germany), Step! and Avogado (? - part of
> Kalzium) were the projects which made us really cheer!

Well, if I understood well, Jos's announcement was for beta3, not the final
4.0 release. So he will focus on what changed between beta2 and beta3. That
is why he focuses on Parley, Marble, and the polishing day.

Then, it's Avogadro with a 'r', otherwise it's a fruit :) and it's not really
part of kalzium, it's a separate project, providing a libavogadro library,
and Kalzium uses libavogadro; now currently kalzium ships its own snapshot of
libavogadro, but in the future Kalzium will rely on libavogadro as a
dependendy in the usual way.

Cheers,

Benoit