[kde-edu]: Parley (KVocTrain) - split translations

Ilja iljuss at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:33:51 CEST 2007

Maybe unimportant, but:

1) while looking on vokabeln.de files I saw such notation there:
"abwenden, entwenden; halten, anhalten, stocken; bremsen,
sperren; abstellen".

I gave me an idea: maybe treat words separated with commas, as
equal and those which are separated with semicolons as different.

So such list would create question with four rows and correct answers
would be (in random order of course):

1. abwenden OR entwenden
2. halten OR anhalten OR stocken
3. bremsen OR sperren
4. abstellen

(In longer term..)

2) Suggestion lists

>> So again, please comment on the usefulness of this thingy. Maybe
>> there could be something like this, but improved usability wise?
>> To me it sounds like cheating anyway. Use multiple choice, I'd say ;)
> I had the impression that suggestion lists are there to add false friends
> and other tricky answers for the multiple choice test. If this is the case, I
> believe it is a good feature and should be kept. Not that I have ever
> used it ;-)

I also think that it could stay:
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_false_friends].
Yes, it isn't very usable now, but maybe someday somebody will make it
work.. Maybe just one input area and using same notation as in 1)?

--
Ilja