[kde-edu]: KStars fails to build, related to libnova

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Mon Nov 26 23:06:17 CET 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007 11:03:33 pm Jason Harris wrote:
>  ln_get_date_from_tm
The problem seems to be that the ln_get_date_from_tm function was added to a
later version of libnova.  We had thought that it was added to 0.12.  In any
case, we need to add a check for the version of this library to the cmake
script.  Is there an easy way to do that?  From what I've seen in other
scripts, we should just write a small test program that uses the function in
question...

Jasem is working on resolving this.

Well, there isn't a good way to do that. VERSION, for libnova, is defined in a
source file. At any rate, I tried to write a test script to see if it would
compile the following, but it always fails. I'll try this again tomorrow,
it's 1:05 AM now, and I was up since 4 AM yesterday!!

 set(CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES ${NOVA_INCLUDE_DIR})
 set(CMAKE_REQUIRED_LIBRARIES ${NOVA_LIBRARIES})

 check_cxx_source_compiles("#include <libnova.h>
 int main() { ln_get_date_from_tm(NULL, NULL); return 0; }"
NOVA_FUNCTION_COMPILE)

 ZzZeZz,
Jasem