[kde-edu]: KStars fails to build, related to libnova

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon Nov 26 21:03:33 CET 2007

Hi,

On Monday 26 November 2007 12:35:28 pm Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dilluns 26 Novembre 2007, vàreu escriure:
> >   Hi
> >
> >  I'm using kstars rev741493, libnova 0.12.1. KStars failed building like
> > this::
> >
> >   [ 65%] Built target indi_apogee_alta
> >   Linking CXX executable indi_celestron_gps
> >   CMakeFiles/indi_celestron_gps.dir/libs/indicom.o: In function
> > `extractISOTime':
> >
> > /home/hdh/e1/KDE4-trunk/KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars/indi/libs/indicom.c:78:
> > undefined reference to `ln_get_date_from_tm'
> >   collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Which version are you using? that line seems correctly wrapped around a
> #ifdef HAVE_NOVA_H in current svn version.
>
> Albert

The problem seems to be that the ln_get_date_from_tm function was added to a
later version of libnova.  We had thought that it was added to 0.12.  In any
case, we need to add a check for the version of this library to the cmake
script.  Is there an easy way to do that?  From what I've seen in other
scripts, we should just write a small test program that uses the function in
question...

Jasem is working on resolving this.

regards,
Jason