[kde-edu]: A briefly introduction of myself

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Wed May 30 17:39:48 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 17:23:54 you wrote:

> Apart from maths and computing sciences, I teach Geography and am
> therefor very interested in Marble. Only recently I read some
> inforamtion about a leading German schoolbook & atlas editor (Diercke)
> that they offer "free" maps to be used in combination with GoogleEarth.
> Maybe these maps could be used at schools with marble as well.
> http://www.diercke.de/atlanten/google_earth/index.html

Looks interesting. However looking at the kmz-file I expect that it will take
at least half a year until we will be able to parse and display this specific
use case - especially given that this doesn't have high priority yet :-)
Although the kmz tags appearing in the document might mostly be  covered by
the work Murad is doing during the Summer of Code I have doubts that mapping
a single image onto the sphere will be implemented any time soon (given the
way Marble works).
Well there are other use cases that will surely be equally exciting which are
expected to work once GSoC will be completed :-)

Torsten

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz