[kde-edu]: KNewStuff for KTouch?

Andreas Nicolai Andreas.Nicolai at gmx.net
Wed May 23 16:52:47 CEST 2007

Hi there,

I get a considerable number of user mails with own keyboard layouts and lectures which takes always some effort to review and include into the program.

For the next release I would rather like to allow users to submit their own keyboards and lectures to some online repository where all other users of KTouch can directly profit from. Also, I get several duplicates of keyboard layouts that are already in the repository, but not yet shipped with each distro.

Essentially I would want to "ship" KTouch per default with some reviewed and QA approved keyboard layouts and lectures and have the other user supplied layouts and lectures show up right away in the menu as optional components (for users with internet connection, of course).

Would KNewStuff be useful for this kind of thing and how much effort would it make to program such a feature? If someone is familiar with the KNewStuff API and could give me a hand, I'd really appreciate it.

Bye,
Andreas

Andreas Nicolai                         anicolai at syr.edu
PhD Candidate, M.A.M.E                  (315) 443-2218
Syracuse University
151 Link Hall
Syracuse, NY, 13244