[kde-edu]: kvtml files - installation dir

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue May 22 21:09:01 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I noticed that when you use KNewStuff to install files in KVocTrain or
KWordQuiz, the installed files are not "seen" by other app (i.e. KVoctrain
cannot use KWordQuiz files).

Jeremy Whiting, who already worked on Kanagram svg is kindly debugging
Kanagram with me. Kanagram also uses .kvtml files.

So we ended up thinking that it would be easier to have all .kvtml in the same
place which would be $KDEDIR/share/kvtml for data shipped with apps
and .kde/share/kvtml for local installation (via KNewStuff for ex).
We'll use the kvtml features to sort files by language for example for
KHangMan which has a Languages menu.

What are your thoughts about that idea?
Is $KDEDIR/share/kvtml a good location (KStandardDirs problems?)
Any other potential problems?

Regards,

Anne-Marie