[kde-edu]: edu apps review

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu May 17 18:01:43 CEST 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:

> As I understand it from talking with one of the Edubuntu people, they will
> ship 2 CDs next release and KDE-Edu and GCompris will be on the second one.
> What KDE-Edu apps? Not sure. They seem to pick some at random that's why we
> need to work with them so they know that for example KLettres has data in
> several languages. We need to know how we can improve some things so it's
> easier for them to package.

Assuming their packages do not differ too much from Debian's KDE packages,
then they have this already covered quite nicely.
For example KLettres can be installed with its data without needing to install
other KDE Edu applications and their data. I am quite sure they could even
split the klettres-data package into language specific ones if they feel a
need to.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring