[kde-edu]: KTouch with ca_enhanced

Yannick Gingras ygingras at ygingras.net
Wed May 16 13:14:58 CEST 2007

Hi,
  I used ktouch to learn to type and it all went well until I met my
first "è".  I use the French Canadian keyboard, also known as "qc" or
"ca_enhanced" in the XFree86 configuration terms.  This layout should
not be confused with the Canadian or Canadian-international keyboards.
The main thing that sets it apart is the use of "dead keys" for
accentuated characters.  So if I want a "è" I type "`" then "e", there
is not single key for "è" but there is one for "é"; go figure.

It should not be too hard for me to supply a layout file for my
keyboard.  I looked at a few layout files but I did not see how to
specify the dead key combos.  Could you guys point me to the relevant
documentation?

Best regards,

--
Yannick Gingras