[kde-edu]: Fwd: Marble in kdereview

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Tue May 8 16:15:24 CEST 2007

Subject: Marble in kdereview
Date: Dienstag 08 Mai 2007
From: Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn at credativ.de>
To: kde-core-devel at kde.org

Hi everyone,

I just moved Marble Desktop Globe into kdereview svn. Please have
a look if you have the time since I'd like to get this application into kdeedu
before the end of the month. ;)

There are two ways to compile Marble: As a KDE4 version and as a Qt4-only
version (you need to invoke cmake with -DQTONLY="ON" for the latter).

For the KDE-EDU evaluation please compile it as with any other KDE
application. The docs are available as usual in kdereview/doc/marble.

I'd like to thank everyone who has been involved with the development of
Marble so far.

There are two known issues which I'll fix pretty soon: the coastlines don't
display properly at high zoom levels (for reasons I'm aware of) and the
Wikipedia browser doesn't display images (for reasons I'm aware of).
Apart from that it should work as advertized.

Of course there are more things on the TODO:
- Further Wikipediazation
- Automatic tile downloading (which is close to be done)
- Adding DBUS support to KAtlasView (soon to be renamed to MarbleView) and
adding KPart support to KAtlasControl (soon to be renamed to MarbleWidget).
- Adding GHNS support for custom maps.

And of course our GSoC projects:
- Improved KML support
- GPS support
- Flat 2D View (Equirectangular projection)

Thanks for your time & Cheers,

	Torsten
--
 Torsten Rahn
 Tel.: +49 (0)21 61 / 46 43-0

 credativ GmbH, HRB Düren 4052
 Karl-Heinz-Beckurts-Str. 13, 52428 Jülich
 Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz