[kde-edu]: Intent to move Marble into KDE-EDU

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Mar 8 22:10:07 CET 2007

Hi,

I finally managed to build Marble by changing
if (QTONLY)
  add_definitions (${QT_DEFINITIONS} -msse)
  INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES( ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR} ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}
${QT_INCLUDE_DIR})
in the CMakeList.txt.  Thanks Pino for the help.

It needs intense KDEification before going to kdereview (menubar, i18n being
the most important, doc,...).

My quick remarks
------------------------

Maybe all the data is not installed, I remember seing Marble at Fosdem and I
think it had some links on the left where you could get more stuff.

I'd like to be able to choose some settings to be able to do more:
- be able to the countries borders in thicker painter so for example looking
at Europe a kid will see better the countries
- have a mode with Capital tows only (not too many informations), another mode
with rivers only, one with mountains only. Is it possible to have the capital
for each country?
- navigation with keys does not work very well (if I zoom I can
not then move and vice versa) seems to be because of the tooltips.
- the tooltips don't display smoothly (I see black)
- will Wikipedia work in the most possible languages?
- measure does not seem to work (it said 10 m between Berlin and Paris)
- the flags can maybe be used by other programs

Regards,

Anne-Marie