[kde-edu]: Intent to move Marble into KDE-EDU

Torsten Rahn tackat at kde.org
Thu Mar 8 14:54:06 CET 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 19:56:26 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Hi Torsten,
>
> I got the sources from
> /trunk/playground/base/marble
> (I encourage you all to try it)
> but then I cannot build it. how should I build it please?

* Should be fixed by now. Please follow the following steps:

cd ~
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/base/marble
mkdir marble_build
cd marble_build
ccmake -DQTONLY=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ~/marble/src

* press the key 'c' until "Press [g] to generate and exit" appears in the
lower right of the screen and then press 'g'. Finally do:

make
sudo make install

* Now you should find a Marble entry in your K-Menu. Alternatively you can
start it by typing "marble" on the command line.

Torsten