[kde-edu]: Step: some news

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Mar 5 13:57:10 CET 2007

Hi Vladimir,
On Monday 05 March 2007 10:24:17 Vladimir Kuznetsov wrote:

> Yes, I like this idea very much. My current page on sourceforge is far
> from ideal, I think it can be better. And maybe having it on
> edu.kde.org will make Step slightly closer to KDE ;-)
 OK, I'll prepare it and will ask for commit rights for you and I'll send you
the details.

> > For blogs I use www.blogspot.com, carsten uses Live Journal
> > http://www.livejournal.com and I am sure there are others.
>
> I've just created my blog at http://ksvladimir.blogspot.com/
:) excellent, you now need to get it appearing on PlanetKDE so it gets the
audience it deserves! You can ask Clee (see on planetkde.org or I can do it
if you want)
> > Nice having you in the Edu team and even if your mails don't get answers,
> > they are read and at one point people will comment on your work.
> > Maybe with the next KDE4 snapshot you could do a release of Step (I can
> > help here and others will help too) so people could try it quite easily.
> > It's just a suggestion however ;-)
>
> I'll definitely try to do it. It seems that people still download last
> Qt4-only release from sourceforge which is quite outdated now. How can
> I know about upcoming development snapshots of KDE in advance ?
I'll let the list know when there is one about to get out and we'll have time
to prepare the snapshot.
I hope it won't be while I am on holiday without internet in April. If so I
need to try it before and write a howto on how to do it. It's just a matter
of extracting Step sources from playground/edu and tweak the CMake files.

> And thanks a lot for all your support. Its really important for me.
:-)

Anne-Marie