[kde-edu]: kvoctrain dcop interface/random tests...

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Wed Jun 20 21:08:59 CEST 2007

Hello,

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 06:42:46 am Daniel Palmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone familiar with kvoctrain know if it's possible to open a test
> window via DCOP? I haven't been able to find anything that seems
> suitable. What I'd like to do is create a cronjob that run's every 5
> minutes or so and every so often starts a 10 question test.

KVocTrain does not have a DCOP interface. Neither does it accept any command
line arguments besides the name of a file to open.

You might want to try KWordQuiz since it accepts command line arguments that
will take you directly to a quiz.

> Wishlist item: Would it be possible to maybe pinch the bubbles that
> appear from the system tray from kopete and  create like a mini while
> you work vocab test? maybe it could watch the process tab, decide when
> the user isn't doing much and fire off some questions in the corner of
> the screen?

Please file wishlist items at http://bugs.kde.org.

Thanks,
Peter