[kde-edu]: An idea for a new application

ajdlinux at gmail.com ajdlinux at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:12:39 CEST 2007

On 6/12/07, Ben Crawford <crawford_ben at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> In my searches for various applications I have been finding that there seems
> to be an abundance of applications for various tasks.  However, most of them
> are either aimed at the primary level (ages 5 to 12) or the university
> level.  For some reason there seems to be a lack of appropriate applications
> at the early high school level (ages 11 - 15, 16).
>
> The idea presented here is fantastic.  It is aiming an application at the
> exact level that I am finding a hole.

I completely agree here!

I find way way too many programs to help 6yr olds learn to type,
preschoolers use the mouse, following patterns (blinKen), and then
there's really good but advanced tools that I can't use.

I then see students who are struggling with basic algebra who could
really do with a decent educational program... but there's nothing.

--
Andrew Donnellan
ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary)    ajdlinuxATexemailDOTcomDOTau (secure)