[kde-edu]: dbus question

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Jun 8 02:04:52 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if KStars has been ported to DBus properly.  I read
the tutorial here:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/D-Bus/Creating_Interfaces

and it says I need to run qdbuscpp2xml to generate an XML descriptor of my
DBUS functions.  I see that kmplot already has such XML files.

However, I just noticed that when I run KStars and then run qdbusviewer, the
KStars DBus interface appears in the list, and I can send dbus commands to
KStars from qdbusviewer, even though I have not generated an XML descriptor
file.

So, what is the XML descriptor file for?  Do I need to add it to SVN and
modify my CMakeLists.txt as recommended in the above tutorial?  It seems to
be working fine without the XML file, but it's possible/likely I am missing
something.

thanks for any advice,
Jason

--