[kde-edu]: Plasma engine or applets depending on stuff in kdeedu

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Thu Jul 5 11:13:57 CEST 2007

Moin

Plasma-engines depend on Plasma (and thus on kdebase):

     class ChemicalDataEngine : public Plasma::DataEngine

My engine also depends on libscience (in libkdeedu). As we don't have a module
like "libkdeedu" (as in "kdepimlibs") I can't just check for it in CMake.
Therefor I would (when the plasmoid is outside of kdeedu) depend on the whole
kdeedu-module or somehow create a "findlibkdeedu.cmake" file in case the
distribution installs libkdeedu seperatly.

The other way around (the Plasma stuff being inside kdeedu) kdeedu would
depend on kdebase which is equally stupid.

Actually, I don't see how they (applet and engine) belong to kdeedu (beside
the technical dependency on libscience).
Ok, given I will place the code somewhere in kdeextragear or something, it
might be easiest for me to simply have a local copy of libscience.

Comments/Ideas?

Carsten