[kde-edu]: FOSDEM invitation (reminder)

Karl Sarnow karl.sarnow at eun.org
Thu Feb 22 09:49:21 CET 2007

Anne-Marie,
    Unfortunately I cannot be there, because I have a session in the
Crowne Plaza hotel at Place Rogier. Let me point to our Xplora-Knoppix DVD:

http://www.xplora.org/ww/en/pub/xplora/library/software/xplora___dvd_knoppix__make_sci.htm

We also have developed eCourses, which allows schools to run complete
courses in central curricular topics without installation/configuration
in the classrooms LAN. More about eCourses is under publication on
Xplora's home page and will come up there in a couple of days.

Best wishes

Karl

Anne-Marie Mahfouf schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> This week-end wil be FOSDEM in Brussels. I'll have the KDE room on Sunday
> morning from 9 am to 12 am and I'd like to invite you all at the Edu workshop
> that will happen here.
>
> Some edu developers will be there representing GCompris (Bruno Coudoin),
> ChildsPlay (Stas Zytkiewicz), Tux4Kids (Holger Levsen) and others I hope.
> Debian-Edu (and Skolelinux (Ralf?)) people have been invited as well as
> Edubuntu and I hope some will attend. Nicolas Pettiaux from Belgium will
> attend, he is trying to spread the use of Free Software in his country.
>
> Anyone can attend and users are very welcome. All people interested in Free
> Software in Education are warmly invited.
>
> We will briefly present our projects and then try to see how to be more
> efficient in working together. We could talk about packaging problems (data,
> translations, size,...) and about development collaboration: sharing data,
> pics, sounds, what formats, use same storage for user results,... We can also
> talk on how getting more feedback from users and what are their main wishes.
>
> There's plenty to discuss and maybe you have some ideas about it.
>
> Any ideas can be sent here and I really hope to see you on Sunday morning!
>
> Anne-Marie
>
> http://www.fosdem.org/2007/schedule/events/kde_free_edu_software

Karl Sarnow
Science portal manager
Xplora - The European Science Education Gateway
E-mail: karl.sarnow at eun.org
Rue de Treves 61
B-1040 Brussels
Belgium