[kde-edu]: kvoctrain - new look suggestions

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Thu Feb 8 19:51:04 CET 2007

On Thursday 08 February 2007 08:25:08 am Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> I'd like suggestions for a new look of kvoctrain.

Frederik,

I like your ideas and I'm currently reviewing the patch you sent me.

I think that the listview needs to to also deal with a couple of special
cases:

1. It should be possible to view all entries in the vocabulary (like the
current behavior). This option should be at the top and probably be
called "All".

2. Currently the option of having no lesson assigned is supported, and I think
that should still be possible. Thus a second item in the list called "No
Lesson" or "Unassigned".

One major issue to work out is also how entries should be assigned to a
lesson. Currently that is done by editing the first column of the table.
Possible solutions:

1. Show the lesson column when All is selected in the listview.

2. Drag and drop of entries from the table to specific lesson names.

3. Right-click menu in the table or other type of menu option.

4. Something else or a combination of several solutions.

That's my comments for now.

Peter