[kde-edu]: KAlgebra addition proposal

RalfGesellensetter rgx at gmx.de
Mon Feb 5 16:35:45 CET 2007

Am Montag 05 Februar 2007 03:37 schrieb Aleix:
> Hi kde-edu,
> I am sending this message because I'd like to add KAlgebra into
> KDE-Edu. With this intention I entered the freenode #kde-edu channel
> where I was said to write a little intro about my project so you
> could answer me.

Dear Aleix,

thank you for telling us about KAlgebra. I must admit: Although I have
been monitoring free math software quite a while, I never heard of it
before.

Do you plan to include a CAS (computer algebra system) like yacas into
KAlgebra?

What surplus/differences do you see against KMplot?

Do you know of unignuplot, kmatplot or graphcalc? Do you seen any sense
in merging in?

Do you know of GeoGebra? I believe that its approach is the widest and
the most general, as it can represent objects (e.g. a circle) both,
graphically and algebraic. Thus it combines a dynamic geometry system
with a dynamic funciton plotter and includes even elements of a CAS.
Maybe it is a good idea to port GeoGebra to Qt/KDE...

Kind regards
Ralf.