[kde-edu]: KTurtle question

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Fri Dec 28 19:29:02 CET 2007

Orestes Mas wrote:
> Hello. I've a question mainly for the KTurtle team:
>
> When translating KTurtle commands, is it advisable to create an alias for
> every translated logo keyword?
>
> English language has alias definitions for only few keywords, and in my
> opinion it may be useful to have a short alias for every command. The
> drawback is to clutter the variable/function namespace with a lot of keywords
> that cannot be used anywhere else.
>
> What do you think about this?

At this time, not all commands have aliases. Translation for version 0.8
(KDE4) will only recognize the aliases also defined in the main
language, and extracted from the po file. For more instructions, see

http://edu.kde.org/kturtle/translator.php

In future releases we might consider aliasing all commands, but I am not
sure if this is needed. Something to ask other developers, for sure.
Personally I believe this is not needed for the target audience of
KTurtle and the proposed scope.

Notice also that we removed most references to Logo from KTurtle,
including docs. The programming language is now called TurtleScript, and
it is loosely based on Logo only, with no attempt to be compatible with it.

Best regards,
Mauricio Piacentini